Tuesday

World On Fire



“The key to endless tomorrows is the realization that you, me, all of us, are the problem. Stop running away from the seeds of every human misery. Stop making excuses for the past. Your only home in the cosmos is on fire and every one of us is equally responsible for lighting the match and looking the other way. You are the problem, and you are also the answer. The first step toward saving the world is within.”
~John Hogue


The Emerging Cosmos

by Patrizia Norelli-Bachelet

"At present mankind is undergoing an evolutionary crisis in which is concealed a choice of its destiny."
Sri Aurobindo
The malaise of our civilisation is not an inchoate or unpredictable development. Rather, it is the logical, foreseeable result of thousands of years of partial and ineffective spiritual visions and incomplete philosophical systems. These have always been the driving force behind the evolution of higher mental forms. Therefore, if our civilisation stands at a critical juncture at present, it is not in the secular and scientific domain that we must search for the cause of the decay. We must discover what has been lacking in the dimension of existence that moulds the more external and material patterns which condition life on this planet.




Blogger Zoro said...

21/12/2012 is beginning to grab the attention of millions of people from all locations across Earth. I notice that the believers of the re-birthing powers of what many call the Age of Aquarius are combining forces with other systems geared to elevating the human race. The "balancing efforts" of a million tear-stained eyes be needing to talk of beginings in a world of folk who strive for suicide and self-destruction when a heartbeat way, is joy and felcitation.

The faster the mad people strive, the faster they drive, the beauty they no longer see, the redemption they seek, lies at the convergence of the parallel lines of space, time and horizon.

Anyone really needing death, will find her. The rest can gradually shed the burdens of the former and begin to rest for many years. Oh fuck! Another fucking prophet.

Z.

5:35 PM

Delete
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

2012 Has already been made a mockery of. The sound of even traditional references is beginning to clang in the ears.

Sure, the run amok world needs a good bitchslap of a wake-up call..."purification", or "cleansing", as the Hopi say. But must it be physically hitting the wall?

The Kogi say the Earth is dying, we are killing it. Who could argue? It's just I've long held a sneaking suspicion of a profound paradigm shift. If the penny drops, and the scales fall from the eyes of the collective, it would be an apocalyptic shock of the real to all those too heavily invested in the masquerade of the Big Lie.

That would be plenty.

6:58 PM





Blogger Zoro said...

Everyone's a fucking expert, just one wanking prophet after another. I challenge them to predict the time and place I next take a shit. Afterwards they can kiss my ass (with feeling...)

Nonchalant Nick

12:17 PM

Delete
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

They have met your challenge with the prediction you will shit your pants when the global economic collapse crosses your threshold....perhaps in the guise of some sort of Santa, Tooth Fairy, or other benevolent benefactor.

Additionally, they insist you do most of the kissing...and all the feeling.

12:58 PM

Delete
Blogger Zoro said...

My prostate is trying to grab my attention, I aint scared of no ghosts. You should know by now how I work everyday towards the goal of global economic collapse.

btw: crapped 15 minutes ago, quite sucessfully.

Bottom - line is, I die. My balls for your neck. I am sick of fucking prophets and bored of the procrastination of all the human race.

Z.

11:51 AM

Delete
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Crapping is one long process, not episodic glory.

Nobody is suggesting you be afraid, just aware. Prophets aren't near as bad as false prophets.

I'm sick of the sickness.

1:01 PM





Blogger Zoro said...

TL and others would have hoped that we humans at some point, start chatting to each other to find a solution to too fast pace of change. Instead of accepting coversationally taboo bewilderment (and it is getting more bewildering)at our occasional stuckness, or leave "speed of change" to those who dare moan about it and so by lose credibility. (Some poor sod who can't hack it.) Why are we allowing ourselves to be disempowered? Is someone studying the phenomenon or is that not 'cool'?

All that I am able to surmise, is that, when all the young dudes finally feel comfortable both here and now, that that will 'do the trick' to 'take the urge out of surge.' Not that hedonism is at fault per se, but it's a bit like rushing to the doors of a burning nightclub when there is already a bush fire surrounding the buildng.
It's all about the song: "Teach your children well." Every single one of their paths is only as good as they know themselves. I trust my children, nothing will change the necessity of trusting the young as their paths stretch ahead beyond those who came before.

Forever chasing the dragon, it seems like the fastest ride in town, but kid, it's not speed as known by the ancestors, it ain't optimum velocity, no way is moving the fastest gonna catch it. You work it out.

You will.

Z.

4:55 AM

Delete
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Nicely posed puzzle, I'm still unfolding it and trying not to get lost in the creases.

I suppose the answer is in the question, where it belongs, and all the rushing madness is simply another form of enough rope with which the problem child shall ultimately hang itself.

So, patience all you big-hearted empire healers. Think before rushing headlong into unnecessary battles. Let the dragon roar itself to a cinder. Concentrate on the path, 'cause no matter where you go...there you are.


Blogger
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Serves you bloody right for having no philosophy.

Farking heathen.

12:24 AM

Delete
Blogger DAVE BONES said...

innit

1:17 AM





Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Death is a mist shrouded wellspring of metaphor crayolas for coloring life.

Imagine just how insipid we'd become without it? It's all that keeps us the least bit honest.

Dying is easy, living is hard.



Blogger Zoro said...

As from the neck of the womb, the vase's neck ejects the spray of lillies to blossom towards death, stems severed from its plant. Its a rewarding metaphor and symbol to boot. 'Spect Van Gogh liked this one too. So death in every form and symbol is life's intrinsic siamese twin.

Z

Monday, 17 August, 2009

Blogger Indigobusiness said...

"Living is laughing/Dying says nothing at all."

-Townes Van Zandt





Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Kids are great, even whilst being ruined by the system. You are doing more for yours than maybe anyone will, Paula.

Once I drove a special ed. bus... with all the cripples, retards, and mongoloid sexpots (just one of those, but she flirted enough for her entire army). Those kids were beautiful to me, and they came alive when they got on my bus. It was magic, everyday was like the Madhatter's teaparty.

I remember watching a big old black mama start weeping as her tiny little boy in leg braces, who normally could barely walk, flew down the sidewalk and into my arms one morning. I'll never forget it.

I like to think I did some good for those kids. I know they did a lot for me.

6:02 PM



Blogger Zoro said...

For literally years people had thought that, by making me clever, they had helped me out. I became a snob and sneeringly aloof from dirty jobs and dirtier people. Something like magic folk and muggles. Such beliefs nearly ruined me. That is just one reason why I argue for a world wide process of dumbing down intellectual property and total redistribution of world assets, property and wealth.

Z

6:30 AM

Delete
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

When all are magic folk, the heavy lifting will have been done. But is such a Utopian potential a useful preoccupation in a pragmatic world?

Pearls before swine, and all that.

Ultimately, everyone becomes Buddha. So maybe patience is the order of the day, every day, amidst the spiritual schizophrenia of the human condition.

10:57 AM

Delete
Blogger Belle Epoque said...

The ultimate mystery is death...

...but in our short lives, I personally am happy I can't figure it all out. That's the beauty, and a conscious excuse for suspended belief. It's humbling, but also convenient to be NOT all-knowing.

1:14 PM

Delete
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Personally, I'm thrilled to be mystified.

One thing I've learned regarding knowing: context cracks the whip.

1:29 PM

Delete
Blogger Zoro said...

I feel that simpler truths that link me fraternally to other amazing people get our job done more effectively. Our job: 'Go to the people
Live among them
Learn from them
Love them
Start with what they know
Build on what they have:
But of the best leaders
When their task is accomplished
Their work is done
The people all remark
“We have done it ourselves.'

Really, superior people in the opinion of Lao Tsu possessed a special quality he named Te.

Nowadays its te this te that - has it helped? The fuck it has. Lao Tse is a dead git which he thoroughly deserves.

Z

1:51 PM

Delete
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Can't help but wonder what he'd have to say about you, Z.

The mind reels...

4:17 PM

Delete
Blogger Zoro said...

I'll take that as a 'maybe' or as Twit once said - 'Zoro, you loony get.'

Z

3:07 AM





Indigobusiness said...

Excellent observation. Fears abound, until it dawns on us all that the paradigm shifted unnoticed whilst we wallowed in our electronic selves.


Zoro said...

"Know thyself" has got stuck in my head a long time as do the words of Socrates advising me to spend the rest of life getting ready to die. Even time spent as a kind of anti-christ and slagging off the "Fundys" has cluttered up the old inbox in my brilliant mind. I like gnosticism but it seems to have caught the pox like all the rest of them fairground rides and sideshows.

Yawn.

Z

4:43 AM

Delete
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

I tend to have little regard for the bored.

Ever wonder if there might be a crucial connection you've yet to make?

There are countless examples of songs like yours...pre and post-epiphany.

8:58 AM

Delete
Blogger Zoro said...

And I for the patronising, like how you dangle "epiphany" like some meritocratic morsel at the banquet of life. Sometimes you can sound a tad small-minded within your splendid res cogitens.

Z

1:30 PM

Delete
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Yeah, mea culpa. Sometimes I can sound that way, and for that you've pegged me.

Not so splendid ways of addressing more splendid concepts reveal just how lazy I can be in these responses. You have my apology for sounding patronizing, it wasn't intended, but your yawning struck me similarly.

The idea of personal paradigm shifts should always be considered, and the landscape of undiscovered territory can never be predetermined.

2:16 PM

Delete
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

I Saw this and thought of you:

"Know thyself. A maxim as pernicious as it is ugly. Whoever studies himself arrests his own development. A caterpillar who seeks to know himself would never become a butterfly."

~Andre Gide

2:25 PM

Delete
Blogger Zoro said...

Indi - your words are music to the ears, please accept the assertion of my perpetual paradigm-shifting? Most noticeably a shift from christ-centredness to person-centredness thus a new vista on the tomfoolery of religion.

Ever since I read la porte etroite and l'immoraliste (in french) and les faux monnayeurs, I have welcomed Gide as a brother and i can clearly respect what he might have said about self discovery (although Gide himself vaunted self discovery). I am partly aware of inner change and to an equal or greater degree, aware of the weltanschauung of the en-soi all around.

My pedigree? Nietsche, Heidegger/Husserl, Sartre. The more modern, the less sense "they" make. If I am wrong I willingly stand corrected. Your Blog is strewn with references to the here and now which hit its maturity in the sixties and to which all culture harkens even among hip hop and R&B in the culture of the noughties.

Blogger Indigobusiness said...

The cutting edge is constant and ceaseless. And whatever one's philosophical bent or effort to connect to oneself in any fundamental way, it takes getting beyond the confines of self to realize anything worthwhile. And this is what all religions are about. Regardless of how they've been corrupted.

Religion is not about the institutions and inquisitors and ridiculous interpretations. So, throw all that out with the bath, but not the baby, if you ever expect to find anything.

Without mythic context, every curious mind on the planet creates one...call it religion, or whatever you please.




Blogger Zoro said...

My bad language was uncalled-for.

Au contraire on the subject of infinity and omniprescence - which exist soley in contrast with their opposites, necessary to frame the omnipresent dialectic which only exists as the vehicle pointing to nirvana.

Call god my buddha-nature but ditch the personification: it confuses those who seek freedom, "god's" person is almost the last obstacle on humanity's journey to it's total buddhahood.

Z

4:48 PM

Blogger Indigobusiness said...

God has no personhood, snap out of it, Z.

I'm so ashamed.

7:16 PM

Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Bad language? You mean when you called me a humanist? You are forgiven, but you should know better.

Other than that, I have no idea what you mean.

7:26 PM

Blogger Zoro said...

Interesting. Both horns of the same dilemma with bull as common ground. Is this what history is coming to? I won't be fighting a corner too much, as the result is not even a ripple out of sight in the expanse of being and time. You should know that.

Z

12:50 AM

Delete
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

I might know that, but I won't attempt to unravel the long and twisted road of that comment without a map with pictures.

Word verification: decor

which should've been sufficient response, but I'm a glutton for punishment.

I gather by your folderol you didn't read the entire article, it's all there.

Metaphor and rationale allow for only so much, and instinctive abstractions can be profound knowledge as well as delusion.

2:13 AM

Delete
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Buddha-nature, Buddha-mind, Christ- consciousness: Are these manifestations of God personified?

Why did even Jesus emphasize the Trinity, and assiduously correct those who referred to him as God?

2:24 AM

Delete
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

The day will come when,
after harnessing the winds,
the tides and gravitation,
we shall harness for God the energies of Love.
And on that day,
for the second time in the history of the world,
man will have discovered fire.
~Teilhard de Chardin

2:28 AM

Delete
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

I may have lost the plot.

2:37 AM


  1. Xman Says:

    Thanks Joe!
    Truly a great lift for my day. I clicked the link and found many other vids of people doing the same thing in tribute to Matt.
    Maybe I should do some of those goofy things that fly in from left field.
    Maybe Indigo will get to see me dance yet….

  2. JoeC Says:

    Lifted my day, too. I know the economy is going to hell along with retirement savings, etc., but for some reason, I feel really upbeat lately. Maybe it’s because problems are no longer being ignored and looming over our heads. Maybe because the country is finally having to address some of the crap we’ve known has been wrong for so long. Or maybe the gloomy half of me just had to take a break for a spell. Whatever it is, this video did fuel the good vibes.

  3. Indigobusiness Says:

    Get to, Xman, GET to? I’m bleeding from the eyes as it is.

    You nailed it, Joe. Although I haven’t watched the video yet for fear it will improve my mood and I can’t have that, I’m surfing the crest of some vile mojo at the moment, and the impending wipeout has my knees knocking. So, it’s all I can muster to acknowledge your insight: there truly is a pervading euphoria filling the air over the mask being stripped from the big lie. It’s as if everyone’s suspicions are suddenly being confirmed, and everyone is realizing they weren’t paranoid after all.

    Once the monster is tangible, it can be reckoned with…and that’s a relief.


Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Some people deserve a lot of credit.

They virtually slap my face, snap me out of it, and momentarily give me hope for the future.

9:08 PM

Delete
Blogger DAVE BONES said...

Don't take that-Slap em back!

5:59 AM

Blogger Indigobusiness said...

I welcome anything that clears my vision.

I'll save my slaps for the obscurors.

2:45 PM

Delete
Blogger DAVE BONES said...

If you can see em

6:04 PM

Blogger Indigobusiness said...

I should've said virtual slaps.

So, spank me.

7:06 PM

Delete
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Sorry, too much Monty Python.

The word verification on that was gridme. I should've listened.

Sometime the innernets are like the Great Pumpkin, filled with wisdom and coded cues.

8:22 PM

Delete
Blogger DAVE BONES said...

Especially to diviners like ourselves

9:31 PM

Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Not me, I'm in constant state of total confusion.

But I'm drunk on the mystery.


Blogger DAVE BONES said...

Yeah totally. Don't divine. Surprise me.

8:08 AM

Blogger Indigobusiness said...

On second thought, I think you're right...I think I'll slap anybody who gives me hope for the future.

6:15 PM

Delete
Blogger DAVE BONES said...

definitely as a matter of course. And as a matter of tradition.

7:17 PM




Blogger Zoro said...

I think that natural selection is operating among us as described - the proposition is a true one and scarcely conspirationalist. Neologisms apart, isn't it interesting to shine lights on the grotesque guignols in the human pantheon? Sometimes their scrawny necks spew from their suit collars and underneath, their flaccid white man breasts rise and fall with their rasping breath.

Anarchy could offer the antidote to rule by hierarchy if it ever managed to break out outside occasional side splitting banter sessions. Just give up the ghost man, that is, the holy ghost.

Z

4:45 PM

Blogger Indigobusiness said...

OK, then. Done.

But, in the meantime of that grotesquery of preening Guignols (who obviously fancy themselves quite roguish and beguiling) we move as flocking birds, or frightened lemmings, in stampeded search of material salvation.

5:52 PM

Blogger Zoro said...

Yep - and flocks have shepherds, even free range sheep. You said birds and I say seagulls, I say those sheep are mine and I theirs, treachery is success's bedfellow and not shafting a mate is the best act in the Guignol's repertoire. On one level there lives a million assholes on Earth who are unmistakably each a kind of brother and sister.

Z

6:34 PM

Blogger Indigobusiness said...

We're all bozos on this bus.

Even the puppeteers.

7:12 PM




5 minutes left. 5 minutes.

[Whatever happens, my friend, keep writing.

-Why the hell?

Because you will spend a lifetime writing complete drivel, scratching on the great toilet wall of the internet, howling across empty fields, and then even as the clock counts down the last minutes to your execution, you will write the perfect poem, the beauty of which will move souls in centuries to come...]


5 minutes is plenty.


And what is the meaning of this? you will ask...

Poets, bloggers and other scribblers with over-developed senses of melodrama need a suitably melodramatic reply when interrogated by that sinister looming monster, futility...

4 Comments:

OpenID swine said...

We will just burn our myriad written pages in a controlled fire to keep warm in the winters of our discontent, as our utilities prices reach beyond our means.

5/6/08 13:40
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Sometimes melodrama is a form of understatement.

30/6/08 11:17
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...he's Mikey, OK? He's like the locusts. He's not gonna be right again for like seven years."


-----------
(from the tv show Rescue Me)

23/7/08 08:00
Anonymous I, Blogger said...

"We will just burn our myriad written pages in a controlled fire to keep warm in the winters of our discontent, as our utilities prices reach beyond our means."--is a form of understatement.

I hope your work much ;)

3/8/08 04:01
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

While I agree that style is often egregious, on all sides, it never fully obscures the truth.

The spin is only a sad commentary on our culture, as is the ugly truth and delusions thereof.




Blogger Indigobusiness said...

The web is just our contemporary tool for chronicling our collective demise...with little actual residue. Being so chic and civilized we accomplish the necessary without littering.

This just occurred to me as I read your post, and I didn't really feel like so much roadkill on the information superhighway until I saw Picasso so at ease with his yamsack. I then realized how doomed we truly are.

"Drink to me..."

7:45 AM




Zoro said...

Blah blah - stuff's OK but it aint livin - it might help if I gave a fuck, but Ize heard it all fifty times an' these dudes are takin a fat cut.

(I'm pissed cos my folks came round and they have this habit of saying the same things over and over year in year out.)

Of course shit is going on, dunno how or why - I serve, dunno what or who.

Z

4:11 PM

Delete
Anonymous Ib said...

Yeah, Z, I know what you mean, but I'm always supportive of sincere efforts to work it out.
I was a bit taken aback by the phrase new world order.

5:16 PM

Delete
Blogger Zoro said...

Reminds me of Scar - an songs like waiting for my work to begin - where lion and hyena reign supreme, some asshole said something about the meek, oh is that the time already, I have an important appointment at Waco and i mean that most sincerely.

Z.

11:36 AM

Delete
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Now that's painting with too broad of a brush.
There's all sorts of delusional abuse.

The real deal is what it is, and it ain't what it ain't. Too many get lost in the drama and lose sight of the purpose.

12:12 PM

Delete
Blogger Zoro said...

The delusional abuse is from those assholes who labour under the illusion that there is a purpose - with all due respect :-)

Z

4:00 PM

Delete
Blogger Indigobusiness said...

What illusory purpose is it you respectfully deny?

The purpose I spoke to is the effort to transcend illusion, and assholes.

5:19 PM

Jersey Cynic said...

OK Indi - i THINK(?) I'm ready to discuss this. I swear I've been here at least 10 times to read and re-read this. (btw - I'm with you daily and think about you all the time.)

Thought has entangled the brain in time.
Thought has entangled the brain in time.
Thought has entangled the brain in time.

I understand this because the more time passes, the more my thought process seems to speed up. To the point now where I am beginning to think that I am slowly driving myself mad. can't seem to focus on a single thing. then i think maybe that's not so bad because if we get stuck on one thing for too long, that's not good. (i.e. religion) Not good in the sense that we can't completely evolve to a whole being (be entirely part of the universe) until we have let this whole thought process ability we have, come to an end. Maybe what I am fighting is this "unraveling" of everything:

"To end becoming...Of course, there is only complete security in nothingness!"

THEN - THEN!!!! I get to the New World Order part and literally freak out. And now I come back to your site for about the 11th time and see your comment about the 'New World Order', just after I had been over at the BigBrassBlog reading the commentsin this post

UNRAVEL ME BABY!!!

9:56 AM

Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Dear JC- You really are the best.
I'm glad you told me that, I worry about you when I don't hear from you. Good to know you've been lurking, but you should know you ring my chimes as only you can. I tend to get a little cranky when I go too long unrung. ;}

You really have dug into this stuff, haven't you? I remember knowing you early on and sensing you awakening. I could almost feel you unfolding. So cool. I'll try to help if I can, after my usual disclaimer that I am certainly no authority. What gave me a leg up was a personal crisis, fairly early, that forced me to look hard and long into the abyss. I came away with new eyes.

The phrase used here of a new world order is creepy in the context we are accustomed to, but nothing of real consequence. Sort of like the ancient use of the swastika as a spiritual symbol before the Nazis ruined it for us.

The important thing here is the idea of conscientiously building our collective path upon firm foundations, recognizing transformative insights,and the consequences of accepting less.

Lots of pitfalls along that path, keep a sharp eye.

12:12 PM

Blogger Indigobusiness said...

re: Unraveling...

Keep in mind, religion is only a framework for self-realization. A process, not an end in itself.
When it gets down to getting stuck on ideas like religion, etc, it's important to consider that you can let go of these sorts of moorings, you can get beyond them by letting go...when the time comes and the moment has been cultivated. A terrifying leap, for sure, but it's the Big Kahuna of the evolving spirit. It's the wall of the Bodhisattva (the true long distance runner). It is transformative insight. Genuine awakening.

You'll still have to take out the trash and slop the hogs, but you will never view it in the same way.
________________

re: Being and Nothingness

It's a tough nut to crack that we are NOW "entirely part of the universe". Everything is interconnected (see: spooky action at a distance) and evolving into our "whole being" is what it's all about. Our human duty, disguised as an option.

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."
_____

Teilhard de Chardin had an interesting handle on this:

Taking evolution as his key idea, he saw the whole universe as an evolutionary process - what he called cosmogenesis. Everything in the universe, including man, was bound together in complete organic interconnection and unity. Matter and spirit were not two separate things but rather two dimensions of one reality. The evolution of the cosmos was the progressive spiritualization, or personalization, of matter, with God as the Omega Point, or fulfillment of the cosmic process, and Christ as the incarnation in time of this ultimate cosmic purpose. The emergence of human consciousness, the "noosphere, " on this planet was the leading edge of the cosmogenesis and the clue to the direction of the whole universe. With man, cosmic evolution became self-directing; it "folds in upon itself, " converging increasingly toward spirit and person.

-link

1:44 PM


Blogger JoeC said...

And when you follow how much corn goes into so much of our food stuffs, and then follow how much oil it takes to grow the corn (fertilizer, harvesting, etc.), it's just insane that the current administration decided to push Ethanol Made From Corn as an answer to our oil problems. Well, it's insane unless they profit by the price of oil going up and they just got control of a whole bunch of it in Iraq and want to sell it off at as high a price as possible...

6:47 AM

Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Switchgrass, Joe, switchgrass.

Actually, I heard Catherine Austin Fitts explain the true dynamic of the current trainwreck juggernaut, and I'm convinced it is just delaying the full consequence of the failed evil plan.

No genuine concern in the equation for the people or the planet.

Hemp would've gone a long way to healing our ills if the powers that be had their collective heart in the right place.

7:20 AM


Couple films mystery dark spiral



Blogger Deek Deekster said...

that spiral was God's asshole. Of course.

4:40 AM

Blogger Indigobusiness said...

Yeah,D, this image came to mind.

I wish it hadn't.

6:17 AM

Blogger Deek Deekster said...

all God's assholes. sorry, children.

6:42 AM


Blogger Indigobusiness said...

In the face of persistently evaluating music, how is it possible to truly enjoy that which measures up?

***Happy New Year...


  1. Indigobusiness Says:

    Shoot the messenger, the war has no panties!


Indigobusiness said...

God's deconstruction results in us, and our pain.

Who knew he was a masochist?

24/9/07 08:06

{illyria} said...

i happen to like your god theory very much.

17/10/07 04:58

happy otter said...

God is a sadist..Not a masochist..



You must know the story that goes a little like thees;
Man invents a huge, monolithic uber-computer to ask the ultimate question;Is there a God?
The appointed day for the answer arrives, and in front of the massed ranks of humanity, the uber-computer answers...
"There is now..."

18/10/07 15:40

Indigobusiness said...

Otter, once again, mangles the point...and the joke.

Masochism, in this example, is the clarifying hinge-point in the conceptual fog.

Only false gods are sadistic.

Now is the eternal realm.



  1. Indigobusiness Says:

    Being positive is centered in honesty and truly fighting the good fight…taking no prisoners, whomever.

    Tough talk for a raging pacifist…I know. But when it gets down to brass tacks, truth is the absolute imperative.

  2. JoeC Says:

    You’re right…gotta tell the truth, and as Jefferson said, the citizenry has to stay informed or we will surely lose our freedom, and we’re seeing that come to pass. Still, I’ve been watching Ken Burns’ The War WWII documentary, and I find myself longing for something to feel patriotic about, and after searching for it I am finding slim pickings. But, I am still determined to post on some GOOD little known things about our country to counterbalance the bad…balance…I need some balance. Our COUNTRY needs some balance (Hint…listen up, egg-sucking roll-over-and-play-dead Democratic Congress…)

  3. Indigobusiness Says:

    I think it goes beyond candor, to the cultural realization that genuine patriotism is founded in a devotion to the pursuit of truth, and not the facade of politics and propaganda.

    But, I’ve been thinking a lot about what you said, Joe, and I’ll admit my persistent urge to listen to the liars in hope of finding some way to respect those I wish I could. I want to believe in the uprightness of my govt, etc, but not to the point of delusion. It is easy to lose one’s moorings in the info/disinfo crush, and the Stockholm syndrome allusion you made is apt. Regardless of desires, Americans must bite the bullet and look on this dilemma with a clear, objective eye, or else we’re all soon sunk.

Indigobusiness said...

Nobody really gives a shit, Otter. We're (us the multitudes) are just here for the belly laughs.

I sort of got that from the line you wrote in the piece here, on the war:

'...a “bad thing” is only a “bad thing” when it is happening to YOU.'

Got to say, I can't tell if you mean it when you say anti-war folks are insincere, but that's utter crap. Maybe not entirely, I suspect there are those in it for the rush alone, and they are despicable. Peacemongering is every bit as serious as warmongering. Every warrior should know that, yet even war has its dilettantes, and some don't. Not truly warriors, those.

You sure spell it out well, though, the important factors. Not sure about your analysis. Keep writing, you have a knack.

9/02/2007 3:48 AM

happy otter said...

Dont be a fucking mug Ind.
I care not who gives a shit.. My father taught me that what other people think about you is NOT your business..Deleteing most of this post cos its shit.

9/02/2007 2:18 PM

Indibiz said...

Your father gave sage advice. But come on, Otter, that's like me telling you not to be a raging maniac asshole.

You did bring it up, after all, untill you pared-down the post.

Was I being a mug? That's altogether bad, is it? I'll just lurk, and enjoy the saga. No point in commenting. Good luck.

Beware the dull knife.

9/02/2007 5:24 PM

happy otter said...

"Anti war"-oh god I love that phrase, I piss myself laughing internally every time I hear it- folk are more often just misguided at best, pious at worst. Comically simplistic without exception.. Like carrying a placard saying "Pain hurts.."
They are merely partially evolved in their logic.Still crawling across the mudflats with partially withered gills.....Thinking (at least 45) years behind me and in terms of a redundant and now nonsensicle precept.

9/15/2007 7:13 PM

Indigrits said...

Man, you really don't get it.

Maybe if you spent less time pissing yourself, and focused that laser beam mind of yours, you'd see beyond the spotlight of your own circus?

Tibetan Buddhists talk of struggling against the powerful current, to arrive at the clear pool, else winding up on the mudflats.

Antiwar is evolved beyond the selfish wanking bullshit.

9/18/2007 1:10 AM

happy otter said...

No, mate. You dont get it.Hasn't a few thousand years of history taught you that war, not "peace"(never existed, never will....) is truly the natural state of mans existance.
War is without question the primary motivating force of history and invention.
Can you imagine the nightmare state this planet would be in if all those killed in two world wars had children, and so on...The result would be more horriffic than any war with disease supervening in its place.Great.
Total war! Total war! to feed the beast in man once more!
To kick out Christ and bring back Thor! To dance unto the Lions roar!
Total war! Total war!
And its no surprise to me that the Bhudda is portrayed as a corpulent fucker, I'd like to smash him in his self satisfied, self rightious, amotivational face.

9/18/2007 8:52 AM

Indigobusiness said...

Barbara's story is s tale of war.

You exalt the puerile.

War is the hell realm of mankind's refusal to grow-up.

Buddha could teach you a thing about being a warrior, he killed when necessary.

Don't mistake the cartoons for the feature. There are lessons in man's folly. There are potentials, and manifest realities, and past ain't necessarily prologue.

9/18/2007 4:16 PM

Delete
happy otter said...

1.
I DO NOT "exalt" war. I am merely realistic.
2
B's story has NOTHING to do with war, except in the most tenuous and semiotic sense.
3
This IS the feature.You must have slept through the cartoons.
4 Dont keep trying to call me peurile when you simply disagree. It cuts no ice. Your actual comment is one of the weakest you have made. You know this and that is why you resort to trying to tell me what I think.

9/18/2007 5:16 PM

happy otter said...

Okay, It did sound as though I was "exalting" but, as my profile says, I enjoy baiting those who find my views unacceptable.
Weak response from you though...

9/18/2007 5:28 PM

I.:.S.:. said...

You know I don't think the fat one is actually Buddha but some sort of attendant Santa Claus-like character. Someone told me about it once.

9/18/2007 5:30 PM

happy otter said...

You failed to address any of the points I made...

9/18/2007 5:50 PM

In... said...

I'm notorious for weak response.

So, you drank the Kool-Aid, and think your rationalizations are realism.
You see War as some acceptable form of pro-active population control?
Don't trust in Nature's ability to blance herself? Better to trust the controllers, I reckon...
And you don't acknowledge this as puerile, on it's face?
War and Peace are not separate but equal Machiavellian bargains. They don't represent a true dichotomy, and
both exist at all times. Always have, and likely always will. Despite your declaration that Peace has never existed, and never will.

Peace is a principle. War a tool of manipulation. Cultive either garden, it's everyone's choice.
Which do you truly believe bears the bitter harvest?

BTW- That was i.:.s.:. ignoring your previous points, I just got here.
He's right, there are Santa Claus Buddhas, Santa Claus Christs, cartoons and features.

9/19/2007 8:00 PM

happy otter said...

You see War as some acceptable form of pro-active population control?
Yes, and far more constructive than thew other option which is disease. And STOP trying to tell me what I think..
Don't trust in Nature's ability to blance herself?..
Yes, and this IS nature balancing herself..
War and Peace are not separate but equal Machiavellian bargains. They don't represent a true dichotomy, and
both exist at all times. Always have, and likely always will. Despite your declaration that Peace has never existed, and never will.
True global peace is somethin that disappearred when we developed opposing thumbs (some of us..)But yeeeah..A duality at least, tho..

Bitter? Noo, sweet..Like revenge or the smell of a dead enemy.

9/20/2007 3:15 PM

happy otter said...

"Productive" is what I meant, not "constructive"....

9/20/2007 3:30 PM


At 4:55 PM, Deek Deekster quoth...

Some attention to spelling is needed here: "fascist" has an "s", "millions" only has one "n" and Great Britain is Always Capitals.

I say, bring back compulsory spelling tests on the hour, every hour..

At 3:56 AM, Indigobusiness quoth...

I say bring on compulsory editing options for all blog commenters.

Not capitalizing Christmas, in a comment below, haunts me endlessly.

Even with my fascist spell-checker, screaming constantly at me about my howlers, I still manage to butcher the language.

I'm up for telepathy.



JoeC said...

I've gotta admit, I was a little relieved when I woke up this morning and realized we'd made it through 9/11 and 9/14 without any false flag nuke events (9/14 being the day they said they were going to take some systems offline and review the handling of nuclear weapons...)

8:25 AM

Delete
Indigobusiness said...

Whistling past the graveyard is cold comfort, I figure.

War is folly, in almost every form. Anyone who believes otherwise is a pox on the planet.

I'm utterly sickened by how the issue of war and killing has become casual consideration.

If we survive the warmongers, it'll be a surprise to me.

9:33 AM

At 9:03 PM, Indigobusiness quoth...

As someone who only pretends to speak English, I'm hardly qualified to comment.

Forgive the preamble, I'll get on with it...

It seems hard to escape the numerical implications of twodge. Scatological as it is, it strikes me as endearingly useful in situations such as the anticipation of a loving parent opening a baby's diaper, like a Christmas present, and exclaiming with only the joy a parent would know: TWODGE!


JoeC said...

I've always wondered about Dean, along with Major Philip J. Corso. Funny how these high-level military personel can come forth and say we're being visited and it's not really news (and I've seen stories about both in the main stream media, so can't blame them this time...) It really makes me wonder, if the President held a prime time press conference announcing we'd been in contact with extraterrestrials, I don't think the public would care. The public will only care and believe when extraterrestrials start affecting the mass public's everyday life. It'll take them giving us free energy or putting us all in slavery or holding saucer flyovers of Phoenix on a regular predictable schedule for the skeptics to let the possibility of ET and/or extra-dimensional life (whereever they come from...) to enter their brains.

7:56 AM

Delete
Indigobusiness said...

Men like Dean and Corso make a far more compelling case than the ridiculous official disclaimers such as crash test dummies employed years after the fact, etc.

No joke. It's so ho hum. It seems the brainwashing took, and has solidified the overbearing stigma and ridicule factor to the point of forming an insulating bubble around the whole affair. Opinions are entrenched, and life goes on.

The threat, I reckon, is the paradigm shift of a widespread realization of operating under false definitions of who and what we are. The psychic impact of questioning our place, and our neighbors, should not be underestimated. I can't help but wonder if the full truth is far more bizarre, and difficult to digest, than we might anticipate.

The only thing that holds our chaotic civilization together is an unwritten psychological contract ensuring a material interest in our social game.

If what Dean says is true, the ultimate impact will be like suddenly realizing the walls ARE breathing. It only takes a subtle shift in consciousness to steal the flavor from life. There is already a large percentage of us at the edge, or medicated, or both.

Paranoia strikes deep, Joe, and I've had my suspicions about you.
Where are you from again?




At 6:10 PM, Indigobusiness quoth...

It's pretty obvious those handcuffs were there for you to attach to your wrist of choice and await the authorities.


twit said...

I've got to the point now, where I don't trust anyone -unless I think they're fucked up.

& I don't really trust them either.

This consumer-culture-thing we're inside preys on basic survival urges & although they're obviously not intrinsically bad traits, when they dominate a psyche/mind/being we can only expect imbalance.

Or something..

Hating ourselves for not caring enough?
How vain is that?

Do I like being sick or is that just an excuse?
Intellectualization is a healthy drug if you want/find it to be.
I can't prove otherwise.
So that will do for now.

Gordon Brown, texture like sun..

10:16 PM

Indigus said...

Yeah, man. And even if you manage to shake the spell, you find yourself still surrounded by it. It's like living amongst the pod people. I tend to furtively but deeply look into people's eyes, those few people I do encounter anymore, in search of a soul.

One thing for certain, the status quo paradigm is a colossal lie. And people go about pretending their pompous arguments are addressing the significant issues.

We are drunk on air-filled nonsense.

10:41 PM

Deek Deekster said...

fuck me gently indi, i don't expect good news from you, surely there is an evil kickback from this process?

anyway if it's true, it's a hellofalot better than so-called "biodegradable" plastics - which merely break down into plastic molecules and spread evenly through the food chain, helping to remove fertility...

Indigobusiness said...

Ok, Deek, you began your comment with an expression I used to use all the time. Nice that it's still operating, but it's a bit shocking with a British accent.

While I may not be commonly looked to for good news, I occassionally report it when I find it. And besides, good news needs no reckoning. So, what's the point...generally...eschatologically?

Regarding plastics, they all break-down into molecules, eventually. The scary thing is they have already been incorporated into the food-chain, and have even been found within the dna of humans.

It's my limited understanding that organic/biodegradable plastics, made from cellulose and plant esters, are far more ecologically desirable than petrochemically based plastics.

I didn't realize they might interfere with my fecundity?

I fear I may yet have to clone myself.

The horror...


Designer Vaginas



May 24 07:03 PM US/Eastern -AFP
treacle said...

Bloody hell fire. what next?????

8:17 AM

La Sirena said...

Are they fucking kidding???!!!???

I recommend shaking hands and making friends with one's vagina. Then perhaps one wouldn't feel the need to take a knife to one's love box.

That's genital mutilation. LOVE your vagina. Looovvvee it...

8:47 AM

It's Me... Maven said...

Yanno, actually I saw an episode of "Dr. 90210," which involved a yound woman (couldn't have been more than 17 or 18) who went in for "labia-plasty," because she thought her vulva was too big, pronounced, whatever, and claimed she was embarrassed when she wore bathing suits.

This episode, coincidentally, had a segment devoted to a "B" porn star, who went in for sphincter bleaching.

Kind of a sad commentary on our "land of plenty." There she is worried about something so superficial (it didn't cause her any urological problems), yet, there are children in third world nations with cleft palates etc just-about-dependent on the kindness of organizations such as Doctors Without Frontiers to fix such outright deformities.

I wonder for the amount of money she (or in this case, her parents) spent on her snatch reconstruction; and by extension, I wonder how many cleft palates that could have fixed.

3:29 PM

treacle said...

Hello Serena:
lol, I agree with you entirely…I recently had to go for laser surgery for a medical issue and it was so excruciatingly embarrassing that I can hardly believe that there are women out there willing to undergo this surgery simply for pleasure & trend…

Hi Maven:
I agree with you also that its more a reflection on the mindset women are lulled into. This pursuit of beauty and looking “perfect” is so ridiculous. Regarding the money issue its very simple really – we need to bring down the fascist monetary system that enslaves people and replace it with a balanced distribution of wealth, resources, talents and skills…. I live in hope :)

10:42 AM

Indigobusiness said...

I intend to thoroughly study the matter before commenting in depth.

1:36 PM


Buddhists celebrate a happy day

On the founder's birthday followers visit temples, cleanse their minds

Doug Todd, Vancouver Sun

Published: Thursday, May 24, 2007

Many Canadian Buddhists will be washing statues of Buddha with fragrant water and flowers this week to celebrate the birth of their religion's founder and cleanse their minds of greed, arrogance and jealousy.

At Richmond's Dharma Drum Mountain Buddhist Temple, the abbot will be among those offering fruit in gratitude to Buddha and urging followers to "detach" from their desires for everything from wealth to other people.

"Ordinary people attach to their bodies and their family members and lots of things in the world, like money and belongings. We will use the ceremony to let go of the vexations that causes," Abbot Guo Shu Fa Shi said Wednesday, speaking in Mandarin through a translator.

Abbot Guo Shu Fa Shi stands before a Buddha statue in the main hall of the Dharma Drum Mountain Buddhist Temple in Richmond.View Larger Image View Larger Image

Abbot Guo Shu Fa Shi stands before a Buddha statue in the main hall of the Dharma Drum Mountain Buddhist Temple in Richmond.

Peter Battistoni, Vancouver Sun


treacle said...

If we detach from other ppl does that mean that we stop caring about what happens to them? If that is true how can we help make the world a better place if we dont care anymore? Maybe I am just thick but it doesnt feel right.

8:30 AM

Indigobusiness said...

Detachment doesn't mean not caring.

Buddhism is about liberating the true human potential, about realizing what we truly are.
Attachment is a controlling mentality. It binds us to our delusions.

It's about trust. Absolute trust.

11:28 AM

Indigobusiness said...

To understand this, it takes understanding the Buddhist concept of non-attachment.

Non-attachment is a nonreactive accepting of all outcomes...in full trust of, and devotion to, the Dharma.

It in no way suggests not caring, nor inhibits any healthy form of love. It merely reflects a deep sense of the interconnectedness of all things...and the knowing that, ultimately, all are one.

Compassion, or bodhichitta, is central to the Buddhist path, and is anything but not caring.

Desire is a fundamental cause of suffering, according to the Buddhist view, and its a sticky wicket to sort out. Non-attachment is a way of dealing with desire in a way that defuses the hazards.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

29 May, 2007 15:40


twit said...

The idea of non-attachment comes out of the belief that everything in the 'material-world' is transient, ephemeral & ever-changing. So when it is said that someone is attatched - in the buddhist-sense, it means that they have a fixed or 'frozen' idea about how something or someone 'should' be. It's about the preconceptions we hold onto because they are ultimately only reflections of our own precious identity. Identity is inevitable but it can evolve to a more fluid, giving & for-giving state; which is the essence of health.

So we must start (& continue) with focusing on the transient nature of everything - because it appears to be a basic truth of our existence - it's pure science really.

Detachment can be a tricky word because we associate it with actively 'cutting-off' or 'breaking-up' - stuff like that, but It's more about letting our illusions dissolve - & that becomes easier as we focus on what we really know - very little (that's kind-of what Mother Teresa was talking about).

Like IB, some prefer the word non-attachment because it's 'softer' & expresses a 'non-state' rather than suggesting an 'anti-state'.
Not-attached & yet not de-tached; in-tune; receptive.

Relationships tend to get better & empathy increases, if anything.

But we are kept, & actively-encouraged to remain sick in this consumer culture though, so it's an uphill battle.

Take drugs!

¦;¬]

30 May, 2007 05:03

treacle said...

Thanks Twit, much clearer now. My misinterpretation came out of language and my understanding of it. Also I totally homed in on this aspect without properly considering consumer culture and how "non-attachment"impacts that.

I don't know anything really about Buddhism or the beliefs around this subject so its been an interesting eye-opener.

Its common sense really and everything you and IB have explained makes sense. Its about a selfless state as far as I understand it. I enjoy these things (even though I feel utterly stupid sometimes) I just need to read more and find out.

Thanks a lot. x

30 May, 2007 07:18

Indigobusiness said...

Everyone just needs a good spanking.

08 June, 2007 19:17




  1. Xman Says:

    Everytime he speaks I recall all the inbred, deformed and insane little monarchs from the pages of history. I find myself wondering what event and what people or person with be the catalyst for change.

  2. JoeC Says:

    “…the President is, in no wise, satisfied with his own positions. First he takes up one, and in attempting to argue us into it, he argues himself out of it; then seizes another, and goes through the same process; and then, confused at being able to think of nothing new, he snatches up the old one again, which he has some time before cast off. His mind, tasked beyond it’s power, is running hither and thither, like some tortured creature, on a burning surface, finding no position, on which it can settle down, and be at ease. …As I have before said, he knows not where he is. He is a bewildered, confounded, and miserably perplexed man. God grant he may be able to show, there is not something about his conscious, more painful than all his mental perplexity!” ~Congressman Abraham Lincoln, lambasting President Polk over the Mexican War.

    Some things never change…

  3. Indigobusiness Says:

    Well said.

    His behavior is emblematic of a philosophically bankrupt, baseless, opportunistic non-ethic. He is constantly dealing with the shifting sands of the outrageous fortune his own actions help generate. With no fundamentally honest principle to anchor him, he grasps at straws to help dig his way out of his own hole.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home